ELECTRIC, BASS, ACOUSTIC, CLASSICAL GUITAR LESSONS FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS
(for ages 5 and up)
- What to expect during a typical Guitar Lesson:
- Tuning – developing an ear for tuning, using a tuner, etc.
- Technique, warm-ups, chords, strumming
- Individual learning and assignments at student's level
- Workbook at the table (theory book, or guitar note speller)
- Review songs in books with teacher accompaniment or CD
- Jam, chart out pop songs, flash card games, etc.
- Song Books (lesson book with CD, or tab book, artist book)
- Supplementary Materials (pop book, jazz book, seasonal book)
- Student Choice Tunes (current hits or student requests)
- Note Speller or Theory Book (Theory Test-optional)
Our guitar teachers can teach all styles of music, from the traditional beginning method series teaching approach, to reading standard notation, reading tabs and charts, playing by ear and improvisation, with pop, rock, jazz, blues, contemporary, alternative, shredding, classical, folk, flamenco – you name it! In a private guitar or bass lesson, the teacher has the opportunity to help the student individually for the entire lesson time, and structures each lesson personally for the student depending on their skill level and goals.
Beginner students can expect to work on chords, simple songs and melodies, sight reading and theory. We balance musicianship and fun by making sure that each lesson you are challenged with a new technical or theory concept, but always end with something fun such as your favorite riff or song. We use a variety of guitar method books to accomplish this and encourage students to bring CDs or their iPod to their lesson to learn their favorite tunes. Our teachers can even help you with basic guitar repair: such as the set up of your guitar or replacing your strings! For more advanced repairs, we do offer in house guitar repair. For more information about that service, please visit our Guitar Setup page.